It takes an extra ordinary amount of commitment and courage to do a startup. Forget everything about how it is easier now than at any time previously. That may be true but the guy saying that is not you. He will not be the one who has no money, has no time, and cannot sleep at night.
Check out this post on the commitment and sacrifice that startups require.
Technorati tags: startup
- Carefully examine every detail of your business
- Be prompt in everything
- Take time to consider, then decide quickly
- Bear your troubles patiently
- Maintain your integrity as a sacred thing
- Never tell business lies
- Make no useless acquaintances
- Never try to appear to be something more than you are
- Pay your debts promptly
- Learn how to risk your money at the right time
- Shun strong liquor
- Employ your time well
- Do not reckon on chance
- Be courteous to everybody
- Never be discouraged
- Practice orderliness, thoroughness, concentration, and patience
- Then work hard and you will succeed
I got this list from Waite Phillip’s summer home in New Mexico. Good stuff.